Jump Back to the Action:
ActivStars Cheer News
AZ Champs 20-21 Season Tryouts
We specially invite you to tryout for our AZ CHAMPS Cheer Teams for the 20-21 season!
NOW is the TIME to grow, train and PUSH your skills to the next level, we BELIEVE you have what it takes, and would love to see you tryouts!
Tryout specifics are below also please watch the Tryout Trailer!
Tryout Video: WATCH NOW
ROUND 1: Virtual Video Submission
Deadline to submit videos: Friday, June 5
Videos to Submit:
Jumps: Single Toe Touch, Triple Toe Touch, Hurdler Right & Left and Pike
Tumbling: Your best Tumbling Pass that you can do (includes cartwheels and roundoffs) and any standing tumbling that you have without assistance.
Flyers: Flyers please also send your flexibly body positions on both sides (Scale, Scorpion, Stretch, Arabesque)
Submit Videos with the following information to Laura@activstars.com
– Team You Are Coming From
– Primary Stunt Position
– We will select athletes to continue through Round 1 based on their current skill set and these athletes will train with AZ Champs this summer at weekly practices!
– Our 2nd round of tryouts will take place later in the summer – July/August, exact date TBA.
– If you are selected to advance from round 1 you will be practicing on Wednesday evenings through Summer to build and strengthen your skills to be ready for final team placements in round 2.
WHY AZ CHAMPS: The Champ teams are the highest levels of our Cheer Program. They compete at multiple All-Star circuit competitions and events throughout the season. The teams also are the Brand Ambassadors for ACTIVSTARS and participate in all our local cheer events!
If you have further questions on the process or teams please email Laura@activstars.com
- Open to current Pro and Elite ACTIVSTARS athletes.
- Open to any athlete with a level 2 or above All-Star experience.
Athletes must be ages 11 - 18 years to be eligible to tryout.
Round 1 Video Submission Deadline: Friday, June 5
Our regular season practice location is centrally located to East and West Valley athletes, we practice near 32nd Street and McDowell area. Exact location for 20-21 TBA.
Champs practice on Tuedsay and Wednesday evenings during the normal season, athletes trying out should have these days regularly open between 6-9p
What to Bring:
Spectator Rules of Conduct:
Kids benefit in big ways from our programs
"We love the different levels, and our star looks forward to each semester where she gets to learn something new. Pom tryouts were a nice touch."
"The best thing any young cheerleader can do to get ready for their school’s cheerleading tryouts."
"Big emphasis on teamwork and fun, which you don’t find in many programs. Thank you for being so inclusive."